
On Nov. 29th, (I know, it took me a while, but I had birthdays to blog about!), after Jason's birthday breakfast, we went and got us a $10 Christmas tree tag from the Forest Service office and headed up the mountain to cut down our Christmas tree! It was raining slightly in Cedar, but as we drove up the mountain, we broke through the low clouds and saw the gorgeous sun! There wasn't a ton of snow, but enough to make it fun! We parked on a pull-out just as you come to Midway and we didn't hike very far before Kinsey was having a hard time walking, (she had just had her hardware removal surgery), and Jonas was about to pull my arm out of the socket from carrying him! So, I got Jason and the kids settled on a log and scampered off to find us the perfect tree! I always get so into tree

finding that I think Jason gets a kick out of it, but I really love being out in the woods and seeing the animal tracks and stuff! So, I didn't go far before I saw, in a clearing, OUR TREE! It was all by itself and perfect! Its either a White Fir or a Subalpine Fir, which are MY FAVORITE! I love Fir trees! The needles are flat and non-pokey and I have never had my

fir trees loose more than maybe a dozen needles and they could last forever if you water them right! The only down side to Firs is that you HAVE to water them a ton! They LOVE water! Anyway, we got it home set it up, and a few days later, we decorated it for Family Night! Yay! Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
What a great looking tree! It's so fun to go out and chop down a real one. I agree with you about finding the perfect tree and loving the outdoors! It's the best.
What a gorgeous tree Caitlyn! It has such character. How fun! Someday we hope to get a real tree. Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment