
This is one of those catch-all posts with lots of pictures! I don't know if you can tell, but we love our kitty. She never ended up with a real name...how sad, huh? It took us too long to think of a name that would fit and by then, nothing would stick! So, her name is "Kitty". She plays fetch and chase and all sorts of games with the kids, even Logan! She's very affectionate and loves a good snuggle. The windowsill and under our bed are her favorite places. She can be very chill at times and very playful and busy. Its just

what our family needs! She plays just like a puppy but needs less attention and can take care of herself. We love her. Jason has moved from the 'tolerate' stage to 'like' stage. He sees how much the kids love her and have fun with her. He sees how she can snuggle me and relieve stress like no one else can for me. He SAYS he doesn't solicit snuggles from her but I catch them snuggling quite often! I think she likes a man that plays hard to get!

I did a portrait of my friend's kids in January. AGES ago she made Kinsey a bunch of the cutest hair bows ever and I told her I'd do this portrait for her but could never get in the right mind space to tackle it. Once I got working on it, it just kind of took over and figured itself out. This isn't a picture of the finished product but its close. She says it looks like her kids and its obvious that its them with Christ, so I was relieved. I hadn't done a pastel portrait in about 9 years and it was nice to see the technique came right back, but it left me wondering, 'how good could I have been if I had never stopped?'

Jonas...he's so into dressing up these days! Spiderman, Ironman, Superman and Batman cape...he loves it! He is usually a different superhero each day. He has all the poses down and he'll come find me and show me his latest superhero gadget that goes on his belt. The sound effects are awesome too! Its just so fun having boys! I've only had sisters and I didn't realize how many fun things boys do all by themselves! I'm excited to see Logan learn fun things from Jonas and to see them running around playing as he gets older!

I got in a sewing mood and sewed Logan a blankie in late December. I hadn't sewn him a quilt yet and I found this cute leftover fabric from when I made Jonas and Hazen doggie quilts, so I figured Logie needed one too. Sewed it in a few hours!

This is Logie and his new mad crawling skills. December was the month of crawling for him! He went from wobbly to cruisin in just a couple weeks! Busy boy!

Kinsey was so excited to try her Easy Bake Microwave Kit so we got it all out one night in December! We had fun. The cakes don't taste very great but the kids are excited that they could make them! Not picture perfect but super cute I thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment