Saturday, October 25, 2008

Some Firsts and The Hulk Stopped By.......

Wednesday was a big day for Kinsey! Her preschool class rode on a bus and went to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins! I had signed up to volunteer that day months in advance, so I got to go too!!! My mom lives just a few minutes from where they were going to pick pumpkins, so I dropped Kinsey off at school, took Jonas to my mom's and hung out for a little while, and then met some other fun moms and the class there at the patch! I realized when I saw the bus pull up that it was Kinsey's first ride in a bus....and she LOVES buses, so I figured that she'd be in heaven! When the bus pulled up, I jumped on and took a picture of her all strapped in and excited! By the way, I'm sooo glad they strap all those preschoolers in! I'm sure its for teacher sanity as well as safety! haha. Anyway, I walked around and took pictures of the kids picking out pumpkins....they didn't need my help actually picking them out! Then, we went over to a park in Parowan, about two blocks from my mom's house and had lunch and played on the equipment. I took Kinsey with me after it was all over and we went to Grandma's house. She has a new baby kitty! Its so fat and furry that it looks like the dustbunnies that come out from under your fridge! Its so cute! They are feeding it with an eyedropper because someone had abandonded it while it was still nursing! How sad! So, while we were there, I gave the kitty a bath and that's why its wrapped in a towel! Kinsey, who has been frantically afraid of animals...even kitties and stuff....has recently come out of it and she wanted to hold this little guy the whole time! But, you all know me...I love animals too, so she and I were passing it back and forth! At one point it just snuggled right into the crook of Kinsey's neck and dozed off. Kinsey just was in love! It was fun! It let us hold him like a baby and is a real cute, active and healthy kitty.










Yep, you're seeing correctly....that is The Hulk that I got a picture of! Sydney, Benjamin, Kinsey, Jonas, and Jason dressed up to go to the Three Peaks Halloween Carnival last night and it was a blast! Lots of kids running around...but a ton of fun! I dunno if you can tell, but Jonas was a chinaman! His hat had a black yarn "braid" attached to it! I realized how unique of a costume that was for a baby that age when we got to the carnival! Jason's costume was supposed to look MUCH better than this....he came home at lunch and told me that he wasn't going to wear it that night and to stop working on it. I did and was a little bummed, but when he got home and was wanting to get ready to go to the carnival, he asked if he could wear it! Of Course! He told me later that he could tell I had a lot to do and he could tell I was stressed out, so he tried to take a few things off my list. So, that was sweet, but dang it! I wanted that costume to look more finished than that for its first night out! Jonas rode his first bike today! Its a little pooh bear car/walker that Kinsey got for Christmas one year and I finally pulled it out and thought that Jonas might like to play with it. Well, I sat him on it and didn't expect much, but he started pushing himself along on it!!! It was so cute! Of course, he couldn't steer, but I was just flabbergasted that he figured it out so quick! We played outside a lot today because I had a ton of yard work to do! I was digging up my summer bulbs and getting ready to plant my new spring bulbs and Jonas realized that we were having fun playing in messy stuff, so he came over and joined us from the grass. He found a little stick and started "digging" and it was pretty cute. Then, he figured out how to sit up, (first time by himself...finally!), and stick his feet into the dirt, then he did sort of a dirt angel in it with his toes. He wasn't eating the dirt, either.....oh, wait....I thought it too soon....yeah. He eventually took a big handful and downed it before I could get over to him! He didn't even grimace! I ran inside and got a tissue to try to get it out of there and I yelled to Jason that he was eating dirt and he said, "Oh, let him eat it...its good for him!" I thought, "Yeah, you think its good for him because you've never taken a microbiology class and you don't know what parasites he now has!" But, I decided that I was too late to stop it, so I'd better have a good laugh and get a few pictures! He hadn't had a nap today, and by then it was around dinner time, so I wasn't going to push a nap on him that late, but he sat and played and didn't want to come inside! He's such a boy!

1 comment:

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

That dirt picture is way too cute. I love it. We need to get together with the boys before the weather gets too cold.