Monday, January 19, 2009

And Of Course We Had To Get A Puppy....

I gotta tell ya, I've been wanting a pet for a while, but I've always been able to rationalize myself out of one. We don't have a yard....I have enough to do without a pet....Its pretty cold outside, (and we won't have a furry indoor pet), yadda yadda yadda. Well, my Mom had 5 purebred yellow Lab puppies that she was giving away and they were so cute, and you won't believe this, but Jason was the one who talked me into it! Yes, the very Jason that flips out every time a dog does its business on our lawn, (which is often). At least two or three times after he saw them I said, "No, we just can't right now" and then he'd get to talking and I'd start loosening up again....grrr! His name is Henry, named after a favorite character in a book of mine. We were going to name it Jack, but Jason...Jonas...Jack....way too many Js in our family as it was. He is very sweet, very cuddly (obviously for now....he's gonna be big!) and he's not hyper at all, but is still playful. Right now he's snuggling in MY favorite blanket, (as it was), and is enjoying our warm back porch. The picture of Jason is fun...Henry is Jason's first pet (besides fish). I was saying to Jason earlier, "Look at you, city boy" and he said..."not anymore, we are a country family and we need a dog". Jason and his buddy are gonna build it a house today and we'll see how it goes. He seems pretty cozy with his new home already!













6 comments:

Liesl Law said...

Yea! for puppy-ing! We did it recently too and it is great! And as I browsed your blog...the Dodd family-my husband Jeremy is good friends with Sam's little sister Anna! HAHA small world!

Anyway, good luck with the puppy. He is adorable...the kind my hubby wanted!

Anonymous said...

Way to cute, Jayme wants a lab. We almost got a chocolate lab pup, but I just had the baby so I wouldn't let him.

Carina Olsen said...

Too cute! Jason... Jessica sent me the link to your blog. It's so nice to see what old Bakersfield friends are up to. You have a beautiful family!

Jessa said...

so cute! did you see marley and me? if not, go see it! you'll love your dog even more!

love you!
xoxo

Bell Family Blog said...

What a cute dog! You gotta have a dog, we love our little Lola and the girls just love her. How is Henry getting along with the kiddos?

Mechanical Mom said...

Holy crap. You got a dog that big without a yard? This is why I have a small dog. :P