Monday, April 11, 2011

Hiking the Landing

My friend Joni and I hadn't seen eachother in years, probably since college! We decided we needed to go for a hike in Zion called Angels Landing. I'd been a couple times, but she never had. So, we met on a Saturday and took off! Wow. I am a pansy! I haven't been on a hike in a while, probably since before I got pregnant with Logan! I was so tired on some parts I had to sit! I didn't get THAT tired the other times! Poor Joni...she had to wait and wait for me. Not very far into the hike we both realized our cameras we'd brought had dead batteries! Of all the drama....! Well, we made it to the end and had
some nice little Chip and Dales begging us for pieces of apple and snacks! They came so close to us! Don't worry, we didn't feed them, but we were sure tempted! haha. The way down was a ton easier in a way but harder on the knees, (yeah, I'm getting old!), and just as we started the gusts of wind started! We were walking down the steep cement trail (the one with the mountain goat prints in it) and the wind was blowing so badly it was holding us up! It was crazy! We were glad we'd had an early start! I look terrible after hiking...I always do...but we snapped this pic right as my camera died for good and then went out for lunch. I went and visited a few friends from when I'd worked there and headed home. A whole day without hubby and kids! It was kinda odd to be without them to tell you the truth, but it was fun! We think we'll do it every spring!

2 comments:

Brenna Morgan said...

...some nice Chip and Dales?....you mean some nice CHIPPENDALES!!! ;) Hehehehe...I guess cute chipmunks are easier to find on a rugged trail than half-dressed men in bow ties. :( Oh well... ;) hahaha.

Joni Turley said...

No, no Brenna, there were a lot of rugged half dressed men we were just a lot more interested in the chipmunks than these particular men:) I am so glad we went Caitlin!! Thanks for being my guide!