Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the letter of the day is....

So, Kinsey has been "making letters" for weeks now! She has always known her letters and stuff, but she's just been so fired up about them since she started going to school. She did this the other day and said, "Mommy, I made an 'A'"! It was just so cute I had to take a picture of the "A" and all the other letters she "makes"! So, the next one is an "L" (just in case you couldn't tell! hahah) and the next one is a "K". She can make a "T" and a couple of other ones, but I just thought it was smart of her to discover letters like this! She's so funny! I also got my hair cut! I needed it so bad! My hair had been in a ponytail so frequently that I swear it coulda put itself up in one! hahah. I joke that I had to get a haircut with its own style so that I didn't have to attempt at giving my hair some! The other picture is of a gnarly bug that I've found the same type of in my house before, but I've never had the courage to walk up to and take a picture of! The only studying of them that I do is after they are squished in a tissue! So, I took a picture of this one, picked up the bug in a ziplock and he's in my freezer for more studying! I'm such a nerd...yeah, you don't have to tell me! hahaha. But, it has 8 legs...so its officially an arachnid....but its pedipalps (the freakishly long things that look like legs by its mouth) are just something else, aren't they? I think because they are knobby at the end and hairier than the rest of his body that they are mostly sensory organs. Plus, oh, this is the scariest part.....his mouth looked like pinchers and he had a set of eyes that were black little dots on the top of his head!! Ahhh! Gross. I have a feeling this is a Camel Spider that the emails were circling around about, that the troops were finding in Iraq! You may have seen it...the spiders were like the size of a man's shoe! These ones are tiny, of course, but freakishly scary! And, I checked, the camel spiders are officially in Southern Utah as of June '08! Have fun, guys!



5 comments:

The Robisons said...

Okay, so I totally was right! A Camel Spider is also known as a Wind Scorpion (Solifugae) in the Arachnid Family, though its not technically a spider. Scary enough, though. Check out the link: http://bugguide.net/node/view/183843/bgimage to see my bug's cousin, or sibling...something like that. I swear, this one is basically identical!

Anonymous said...

That's a nasty looking bug!

Anonymous said...

And you're raising a cheerleader! Ra Ra Go Robison's! Too funny

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

We have those all over outside our house and I even killed two in my basement. They creep me out! Nate told me they were sand beetles? I don't know. Our friend Jess is in Iraq and he said the camel spiders actually numb your skin and eat your flesh he sent us pictures of a soldier that had it happen to him. yuk

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know what the bug is, but how come no one has commented on your cute new "do"? I love it-is it stacked? Way cute! Kinsey, great job on the letters, girl! You are awesome!:)