
Jonas has been learning new tricks like crazy these past few days! This morning, while Jason was at meetings before church, Jonas started playing peekabo with his blankie. He'd put it up in front of his eyes and move it down and everything! He wanted to play it for a while, too! It was fun. Then, we walked in to church, sat down, and he stood on my lap and would squat down and hide behind my shoulder and then pop up and laugh! He was playing peekabo with the guy behind us! It was funny! These pictures are of Kinsey and Jonas playing peekabo with the blanket while I was making lunch after church! They had a ball! The simplest things

entertain them for hours, yet a new toy keeps their attention for maybe 30 seconds! I'll stop wasting money, then! hahaha

So, yesterday we went to the arts and crafts fair here in town and it was nice. It was a beautiful day....Jason wasn't in a hurry, (which he usually is when we window shop), and the kids were being awesome....aaahhh, it was just fun. We went through and looked at all the booths and I came home in a mood to get back into my art. So, we got home and had lunch, we put the kids down for a nap, and I found my old sketch book from my portrait classes I took, like, 6 years ago, and decided to see how bad I had gotten! I miss doing artsy stuff. I think if I feel like it could be functional, (like, I built a shelf the other day), or if I can give it as a present, then its not a selfish thing to want to work on stuff like that. But, it was nice yesterday because I just let it go and enjoyed myself, even with a whole basket of laundry that needed to be folded sitting right next to me. I really want to go and take more ceramics classes from the college or just find a cheap wheel. That's what I really miss the most, throwing pottery on the wheel. During the summer I did get back into watercolor paiting and got a few projects done, but it was just nice to feel like I hadn't forgotten everything. Maybe when the kids are a little older and in school I'll get to work on more projects for real. The sketch above was the one I worked on yesterday. Its the first time I've sketched portraits for, like, 5 years or something! And to think I could do a monochrome sketch, start to finish, in 15 minutes at one point in my life! Ug. I think this took me an hour or so, but I didn't start it to finish it...just to see if I could still do it! To the right of his face shoulda been all black, but I didn't want to waste my favorite pencil on a newsprint draft, so its only an idea of what it could be. The picture is on a past blog, so maybe it looks familiar to some of you!
5 comments:
Hey Hey Hey, It's kind of funny I was thinking about you a couple of days ago and then you find me. Go ahead an put us on the blog please just don't use pour last name. Life is good Congrats on the Family. Your kids are cute .Its cool to see the Family all grown up and having kids. It's crazy Im this old.
Oh, so cute! Hey, that should make for a totally inexpensive christmas, huh? Hey, the sketch is so cool-I totally know which picture you did it from! I'm first in line for one! :)
Yes, very good sketch. You could totally do this one in watercolor and colored pencils or even chalk. Then frame it and hang it! You could even get prints made for cards or something.
Hey Caitlin, you know that you can totally use my idea! I would love it if you do! That's the reason I did the post about it-thought I'd pass on the idea. It honestly was so much fun! I even fell asleep in it during the last session!ha ha! Hey, let's hang out this week, okay? I'll call you!
Post a Comment