Friday, August 28, 2009

We LOVE our chickens...

We have so much fun watching our chickens play and collecting eggs! Every day when I get home from work I walk in and the kids are ready to go out and check on the chickens and check for eggs! We only have the white chickens laying right now, but I'm so excited for when I'll be getting brown and blue/green eggs!! We occasionally let the chickens free roam and they love it! The rooster chases the kitty, the chickens poop in all the wrong and totally conspicuous places, we throw treats at them...we just have a blast! There is one picture in there of a white chicken with a funny foot. That one is the elusive Curly. He's becoming more social. There is a picture of two eggs...one is much bigger than the other. Well, the smaller egg is about the size we've been getting, so I was shocked to find this massive egg in the nest! It must be a double yolker! Anyway, just wanted to share! Don't miss the last 12 posts! I'm catching up on the summer!

























































































No comments: