Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What I did on my "Back to One Kid" Weekend!

So, since we had Logan, I've thought quite a few times how funny it was that I thought TWO kids were tough. I'm not trying to tell people that they have nothing to whine about if they have two kids, I'm just saying for me! Wow, I would NEVER give up any of my kids but man, I find myself thinking, "man, the things I could do if I only had one!" haha. I think that the biggest issues with me are the fact that I don't feel like I can do fun things like sew or relax if the house is a mess. So I clean one side of the house and the other side is trashed in the process. Then the side I just cleaned gets trashed in five seconds. This is a mostly Jonas problem. He's just busy. The noise level is also a killer! Those kids feed off of eachother! Its nuts! So, in the end I don't have time or the leisure to craft much anymore and I feel just worn out without much creative time. Jason has picked up on my frustration and told me last week that he wanted to take Kinsey and Jonas to SLC with him to visit his brother! I was so excited! I went shopping for fabric and cut out a couple patterns with it, figured out what shows and movies I wanted to watch so I wouldn't have to pause them every five seconds, and I bought cookies and ice cream that I never buy because they get eaten too fast with everyone in the house! Jason probably thought I was a little too excited, but my feeling is that sometimes people need to miss each other a little to better appreciate who they have! Plus, I was excited for them to have an adventure without me! haha. Sunday morning they all left for Salt Lake. Jeromy had Sunday and Monday off of work, so they wanted to maximize his days off. I went to church with the baby and then seriously vegged for the rest of the afternoon until around five when I realized that I should probably get something done, so I picked up my nasty house. Just picked it up, mind you. I wasn't going to waste my kid free weekend on deep cleaning...though I probably should have. I didn't make ONE meal while they were gone, I ate cookies for lunch, I sewed a TON and stayed out until after one am at a friends house doing just that. I got to go out to lunch at a new yummy Thai place with a friend, (Jason's not a fan and I KNOW we'd be wasting our money if I took the older two kids), and I went to see Eclipse again with my sister. Even though Logan was home with me, he did pretty well. He didn't nap extremely well...I chalk it up to the older kids not being home and the sufficient noise level needed to keep him asleep. He slept great at the lunches and movie and at the late night sewing fest though! All in all it was still nice to only have one to worry about, and I feel rejuvenated! Can I just say I have the bestest husband ever?

The pics are of some of the sewing projects I worked on for those few days! My friend and I figured out the skirts and did them without patterns! They were easy! I've been trying to make some school clothes for Kinsey before she gets too old and hates wearing what I make! The baby slippers are ones I've been wanting to try for a while and they are so cute and easy!!! I'm in love with them! They use just scraps of fabric, a small piece of elastic and basic sewing skills! I'm sorry to say I've had a hard time finding the link for the tutorial (which is so step by step its awesome!) but if anyone wants it, I'll keep looking! Anyway, I just wanted to document the extremely awesome weekend I had!!! I'm afraid I got a little spoiled though....haha.

4 comments:

Bell Family Blog said...

You do have a great husband! Im going to have to tell Aaron about this hehe Love your sewing projects and wish I could do it, jealous!

Julie said...

I am so happy that you were able to get a break and get to do all that sewing and nights out with your friends......Im jealous

here are the links for the bootie patterns I have, I don't know if they are the ones you are looking for or not tho

http://www.family-centered.com/life/wp-content/uploads/babyshoetutorial.pdf

http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/blog/cloth_shoe.pdf

Phil and Sami Carter said...

You are quite the little mrs. crafty pants! Love the shoes so cute! How fun to go see eclipse again, I think I could go for that as well!

Jessa said...

Sounds like you had an incredible weekend with some sanity!!! good for you. I always eat cookies for lunch. yum!

xoxo